How often do you find yourself repeating the same information over and over and over again? Pretty often, right? Therein lies the content opportunity…
The next time someone asks you a question more than 3x’s on any given day (or week), blog your response.
In the words of Chris Brogan: “Write it once. Share it often.” This successfully accomplishes a few things:
- Allows you to create fresh new content – The more consistent you are, the more likely readers are to keep coming back to your content.
- You can create evergreen content that’s easily shareable – The next time someone asks you a question, you can easily revert to the post you wrote with your response. This sets the expectation that your blog is there as a reliable resource to the everyday questions people need answers to.
- It’s a marketing opportunity – The more (good) content you put on the web consistently, the more people are likely to stumble across and connect with you and/or your business which is an opportunity in and of itself. The great thing is, unlike being on the phone with someone, the content markets itself 24/7 while you sleep.
So, what kind of things can you write about?
- How To Use Gift Money as a Form of Downpayment
- 7 Pricing Mistakes and How To Avoid Them
- The Mortgage Application Process (turn this into a post series)
- Define Real Estate Terms like: Homeowners Insurance & Escrow Real Estate Taxes
Truth be told, there’s lots of questions you can easily provide answers to. Think about it for a moment… What kind of questions can you answer? What would your stock answers be?