First off, what is a QR code? From wikipedia:
A QR code (abbreviated from Quick Response code) is a type of matrix barcode (or two-dimensional code) designed to be read by smartphones. The code consists of black modules arranged in a square pattern on a white background. The information encoded may be text, a URL, or other data.
As a Real Estate Agent, you might use a QR code to link to a specific listing, a mobile optimized version of your website, or even a mobile optimized version of your home search.
So for those of you that are using QR codes more and more each day, we thought we’d make it easier for you to generate a QR code for a specific listing…
QR Code Generator for dsSearchAgent Mobile:
We’ve added a simple QR Code builder for dsSearchAgent Mobile. To use this, simply…
- Log into your Control Panel,
- Hover over dsSearchAgent >> Click on “Mobile”
There you’ll see a simple tool to build QR Codes:
Where can you use a QR code effectively?
- Property Brochures: Say you have a single property listing flyer, just enter the MLS number that you want to generate a QR code for and click the “Create QR” button. You’ll have QR code that links to that specific MLS number on a user’s mobile device.
- Lawn Signs: Want to give passers-by a quick and easy way to search for homes, now you can generate a QR code that links them straight to your mobile home search.
- Business Cards: Again, give users a quick and easy way to bookmark and access your personally branded mobile home search.
How else are you using QR codes? Will you be using this feature? Any creative ideas you can add to the list?