How To Use Your Blog for Stock Answers
Posted on February 15, 2011
How often do you find yourself repeating the same information over and over and over again? Pretty often, right? Therein lies the content opportunity…
The next time someone asks you a question more than 3x’s on any given day (or week), blog your response.
In the words of Chris Brogan: “Write it once. Share it often.” This successfully accomplishes a few things:
- Allows you to create fresh new content – The more consistent you are, the more likely readers are to keep coming back to your content.
- You can create evergreen content that’s easily shareable – The next time someone asks you a question, you can easily revert to the post you wrote with your response. This sets the expectation that your blog is there as a reliable resource to the everyday questions people need answers to.
- It’s a marketing opportunity – The more (good) content you put on the web consistently, the more people are likely to stumble across and connect with you and/or your business which is an opportunity in and of itself. The great thing is, unlike being on the phone with someone, the content markets itself 24/7 while you sleep.
So, what kind of things can you write about?
- How To Use Gift Money as a Form of Downpayment
- 7 Pricing Mistakes and How To Avoid Them
- The Mortgage Application Process (turn this into a post series)
- Define Real Estate Terms like: Homeowners Insurance & Escrow Real Estate Taxes
Truth be told, there’s lots of questions you can easily provide answers to. Think about it for a moment… What kind of questions can you answer? What would your stock answers be?